Life can sometimes be really boring. Working for a long time in this fast-growing world, and finally, at the end of a day or week, you will be left in only one avenue for relaxation and entertainment: movie / TV shows. However, due to common rules, multiple types of content or specific titles will have some conflicts and copyright issues to be encountered. The same goes for devices such as Roku. Although you have many options in the channels, some may not reveal the entire database.
What is the Need for VPN on Roku?
When we try to stream different types of content using Roku, due to geographic restrictions you may occasionally encounter an error that prevents you from accessing the channel and if you are a fan of serious streaming or P2P / torrent, you may have the idea to do it in different ways. It all starts from policies of copyright infringement and anti-piracy law violations.
Therefore, if the content is licensed and restricted to certain countries, users in other parts of the world will not be able to access their favorite movies / TV shows through various channels. It is important to subscribe to a VPN service, as Roku Geo-IP tracking can be used to detect your location. Since your IP address is your virtual identity, you can get access to different channels only with that ID.
So, how can the VPN help the Roku users? By hiding your IP address, you seem to live in a different country. VPN services have the ability to encrypt your connections to save inbound / outbound traffic, saving you from the eyes of government agencies and marine companies. More importantly, they will bypass the geo-restrictions by shifting the location instantly. You can sit in Japan, but you can access all the American content!, just by connecting to a local server.
How to configure Roku VPN
The choice of a VPN is simply part of the simple and unobtrusive experimental process. You must also set up a virtual private network on your Roku device, which varies depending on the old or new generation of Roku devices. However, if one thing is certain, you can not use Roku hardware to create a VPN connection. Instead, you must enable the VPN connection to access the Roku player at any time!
Creating an access point will share your VPN connection with a Roku device on your laptop. Even if you can slow down, you can easily get rid of it. Once connected, create an IP test to make sure the network of an external server is working properly. Using the second VPN router, DD-WRT or integrated tomato!
Configure the Roku VPN with the DD-WRT / Tomato Rooter system.
Installing a VPN in a DD-WRT router is a complex process that requires great technical knowledge. You must follow a complete list of steps to ensure that the VPN is correctly regulating the Internet connection, so that home users can change their location without any use. Follow this guide to install a VPN on DD-WRT or tomato.
How to configure a VPN for Roku
- Open your Windows PC and go to the search bar
- Type “cmd” in the command prompt
- Choose “Run as administrator” and type the following: Network network packets
- netsh wlan = allow ssid = NETWORK NAME = PASSWORD
- Set the following values on your virtual router:
- ssid = [your network name] key = [your network password]
- By pressing “Enter”, you will recieve messages saying:
- “Network mode is allowed to set”
- “The SSID of the installed network has been successfully changed”
- “The password of the user key has been changed successfully for the compiled network”
- Start your router by entering: netsh wlan start hostnetwork at CMET
- You will receive a message saying “Hosted network started”
- Open “Network and Sharing Center” and “Change Card Settings”.
- Right click on the previously created VPN link and go to “Properties”
- Click the “Share” tab and select the “Allow other network users” option.
- Run your Roku device and go to the “Settings” menu
- Network> Wireless (Wi-Fi)> Set up a new Wi-Fi connection
- Connect to the WiFi Network that you created on windows.
We have shared you with the easiest and possible way to install VPN on Roku… VPN’s are actually just a Virtual Private Networks and not some technologies, and you cannot find any alternative for it.