Although the console has improved, gamers must experience issues when using the new Xbox One or Xbox 360. Higher latencies and DDoS attacks are still an issue for high-end online gamers. Moreover, many gamers also find some games unavailable on the Xbox Marketplace for their region. Such content is mostly unavailable in most countries for one reason or another.
Do not worry anymore! Get the Best VPN offers for this Black Friday and instantly access games that are not available in your region and enjoy a secure online gaming experience.
In this guide, we will tell you how to set up a VPN on an Xbox One, so that you can immediately enjoy the benefits of a VPN. You can set up a VPN on Xbox One through your Wi-Fi router, laptop, and desktop. The following step-by-step instructions will help you set up an optimized VPN for Xbox.
How To Setup a VPN On Xbox One
Method 1: Configure VPN on Xbox One vis Router
To enjoy a VPN on your game console, you must first configure a VPN on your wireless router. To set up a VPN on your router, check out our in-depth tutorials for a wide variety of routers. There are many better routers for Xbox Live available on the market.
Once you configured the router to run a VPN connection, all you need to do is turn on your Xbox One Wi-Fi to connect to the router.
Here is how to do it:
- Press “LIVE” on your game console to open the menu.
- Choose “Settings” then “System Settings”.
- Under the “System Settings” menu, choose “Network Settings”.
- Then choose your wireless network which will be automatically detected by your Xbox
- Enter the WPA key. The latter being written to the router.
- Validate all settings and continue for a “Connection test”.
- Your configuration is ready
Method 2: Configure VPN on Xbox One via Windows
First, make sure the VPN software is installed and running on your Windows device.
- Make a crossover cable connection
- Open “Windows Menu” present at the bottom left of the screen.
- Choose “Control Panel”.
- Open the “Network and Sharing Center” menu.
- Change the card settings.
- Display the “Properties” of your VPN by right click access
- Then open “Sharing”.
- Check “Allow other network users to connect via this computer’s internet connection”
- Open “Connect to a network” and from the list and choose Xbox
- Confirm with “OK”.
- Connect your VPN to the server of your choice.
- Access the “LIVE” menu of your Xbox
- Open “Settings” and select “System Settings”.
- Select “Network settings” then “Wired network”.
- Confirm the settings and open “Connection test”.
- You can now connect. And you’re done!
Method 3: Configure VPN on Xbox One via MAC
If you’re using a Mac desktop or laptop computer and want to share a VPN with your Xbox One or Xbox 360, follow these steps:
- Make sure your VPN software is compatible with this OS
- Connect your game console by cross cable.
- Open System Preferences and then choose the “Sharing” option.
- Open the “Internet Sharing” menu.
- From the “Share your connection from” drop-down list, choose “Ethernet” or “AirPort” or “Wireless” depending on your connection.
- Choose “Ethernet” to share in the “To computers using” drop-down list,
- “Internet sharing” must be checked to activate Internet sharing (green color when sharing is activated).
- Connect your VPN to the server of your choice
- Go to your console menu by clicking on Live
- From “Settings”, select “System Settings” then “Network Settings”.
- Choose “Wired Network”.
- You can now connect
- Once your Xbox One detects the Internet connection, you’re good to go!
I hope that now you know how to set up a VPN on your Xbox console, you shouldn’t wait any longer than you already have. However, if you have any issues or want to offer suggestions, you can do so by commenting below or speaking to one of our live support agents at the location.