If you’ve purchased a brand new PlayStation 4 or a brand new PS4 controller, you may be wondering how to connect ps4 controller to your main console. We will cover all that in this guide, as well as steer you on how to charge your PS4 controller.
For beginners, all standard PS4 console comes with a single DualShock 4 controller or possibly with a second if you have acquired a special package with an additional PS4 Controller.
Unlike the Xbox One controller, all DualShock 4 or PS4 controller features a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom. Whether it is a new or old model, all models feature the speaker in its middle.
How to connect a PS4 controller?
Connecting a PS4 controller or DualShock 4 controller to your PS4 console is quite simple. Whether you have purchased a new console and a new DualShock, or just a new DualShock 4 for your old PS4 console unit, pairing and syncing process will be simple. There are two ways to connect your PS4 controller. Let’s begin with the connection process. Before that make sure that your controller is charged.
Charge PS4 controller
To charge a DualShock 4 controller, you need to connect it to your console with a USB cable while the PlayStation 4 is on or in Rest Mode. A completely drained DS4 controller battery requires approximately 2 hours to get fully charged. You can check the charging progress on your screen by holding the PS button on your controller.
How to connect PS4 controller to PS4 console using official USB cable?
Standardly, all PS4 console comes with a special micro-USB cable. To connect the cable with your console follow the steps given below.
- First, Turn ON your PS4 console by pressing the power button.
- Plug the micro connector of your USB cable to the DualShock 4 controller. You can find the mini USB port on the rear of your PS4 controller.
- Connect the other end of your micro-USB cable into a USB port of PS4 console.
- Now, Press the PS button on your PlayStation Controller and hold it for around 3 seconds.
- That’s it. Your PS4 controller should then be paired or connected to your console unit.
If you can’t connect the PS4 controller with the cable, few other things are there, you can try:
- Plug the cable to another USB port on your console.
- Try another USB cable and repeat the procedure.
How to connect PS4 controller to the PS4 console wirelessly?
In case if you don’t have a USB cable, you can connect your PS4 controller wirelessly. Just follow the below steps to connect your controller.
- Turn ON your PS4 console by pressing the round button in the middle of your main controller.
- On your PS4 dashboard, head to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Now, press the share button and the PS button on your controller for around 5 seconds.
- Your PS4 or DualShock 4 controller should then display in the Bluetooth Devices screen. Just select it.
- Finally, the PS4 controller will be connected to your PS4 console unit.
The original PS4 controller is incredibly flexible and works with every PS4 and PS4 Pro console unit. Hence, simply how to connect ps4 controller with the PlayStation 4 console unit and start playing your games with it!